Here is the complete list of award winners from the Claremorris Fringe Festival of Drama 2015.
Best Script: Bob Canning, California, USA, for ‘Nuestra Dama de las Viñas’
Runner-up Best Script: Sarah Pitard, London, for ‘2:18 Finchley’
Best Actor Male: Martin Wade, The Grey Lake Actors, who played #2 in ‘Crumbs’
Best Actor Female: Vivienne Lee, Half a Breakfast Theatre Group, who played Mam, Wife and Girlfriend in ‘Four Decembers Ago’
Best Director: Ken Armstrong, The Doubles Partnership, for ‘The Visibility’
Adjudicators’ Special Awards:
• Director Ken Armstrong of The Doubles Partnership for multiple roles played by actors in ‘The Visibility’.
• Director Frankie Moran of Long Haired Freaky People Productions for artistic use of sound effects in ‘2:18 Finchley’.
• Director John Paul Murphy for imaginative portrayal of animals and for costumes in ‘The Ape Cage’.
• Director Robbie Gallagher of Grey Lake Actors, for artistic effect of bed prop in ‘Crumbs’.
• Director Moira Mahony of Blendiva Productions, for use of simple door frame representation in both ‘Sleeping Dogs’ and ‘Mr Average’.
• Gearóid Ó hOireachtaigh, Half a Breakfast Theatre Group, for spectacular skateboard stunts in ‘Feline High-Rise Syndrome’.
• Liz Browne and Seamus McNally, St Patrick’s Drama Group for command and fluency of Irish language in ‘Failures’.
• Director Michael Goulding of Half a Breakfast Theatre Group for costume in ‘Four Decembers Ago’.
• Karl Healy of Blendiva Productions for the lighting and sound effects of the death scene in ‘Mr Average.’
• Director Christine McKeogh, Pansart Drama, for paparazzi entrance in ‘Nuestra Dama de las Viñas’.
• Director Michael Goulding of Half a Breakfast Theatre Group for dramatic entrance and use of space in ‘The Last Waltz.’
• Director John Nolan of The Red Card Players for imaginative and artistic use of mannequins in ‘Hospitality’.
Thanks to all who made the festival a success.