Stay tuned for news of the launch of the 2018 Fringe Festival…
1st The Dog in the Tree House by Sue Healy
2nd Merry Go Round by Joe Bergin
Best Actor: Padraig Larkin – Be Careful What You Wish For
Best Female Actor: Laoise McKeogh – Be Careful What You Wish For
Best Director: Ger Nash – Be Careful What You Wish For
Six Adjudicator Awards:
- For the hilarious moment when she was able to speak and stuff her mouth with crackers at the same time: Donna Ruane in Eight
- For the versatility with which she adapted to her dual role as an Eastern European prostitute: Aishling Costello in My Mother’s Boyfriend
- For her portrayal of the elderly, needy, manipulative mother:. Vivienne Lee in The Dog In The Tree House
- For coming across as a ‘washout of a husband’: John Brennan in Death Who’s Coming To Dinner
- For a most energetic performance: Darren Regan in 15 Minutes Left
- For the scene where he hovered on the edge of the stage (representing the bridge): Pat O’Grady in Merry Go Round
Thank you to everyone who has submitted a play for the Claremorris Fringe 2017. Entries are now closed.
Our panel of judges will consider all entries over the next few weeks and will announce the eight chosen plays once a decision has been reached.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.