Thank you to everyone who has submitted a play for the Claremorris Fringe 2017. Entries are now closed.
Our panel of judges will consider all entries over the next few weeks and will announce the eight chosen plays once a decision has been reached.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
New, unpublished and unperformed 15-minute scripts wanted for
The 2017 Claremorris Fringe Festival of Drama
Which will be staged on March 10th, 11th, 17th and 18th 2017.
The closing date for entries is December 18th, 2016.
4 nights – 8 new plays.
Part of the 2017 Claremorris Drama Festival.
Click here to submit your play or if you want more info.
Best Actor Male: Eamonn Smith (The Line Rehearsal).
Shortlisted: Michael Gleeson and Vinny O’Loughlin (both I Don’t Know).
Best Actor Female: Donna Ruane (The Line Rehearsal).
Shortlisted: Laoise McKeogh (Escaping the Fun House) and Mary Henry (Izzy).
Best Director: John Farragher (Izzy).
Shortlisted: Seamus Cafferkey (Sway) and Ken Armstrong (The Line Rehearsal)
Winning Script: Izzy by Nicola Keane
Runner-up: The Line Rehearsal by Ken Armstrong
Adjudicators’ Special Awards:
- Anna Sammon (Lesbian experience that wasn’t – The Authoress)
- Fiona Poole (Promising Young Actor – Sway)
- John Farragher (Portrayal of gorilla – Fingers and Toesies)
- Mary and Orlaith Henry (Harmony vocals – Izzy)
- Red Card Players (for Costume – I Don’t Know)
- Laoise McKeogh (for minimalism of set – Escaping The Funhouse)
- Elizabeth Murphy (disinterested cameo in I Don’t Know)